Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Receiving and giving

“I would have lost heart, unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the LORD In the land of the living. Wait on the LORD; be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart. Wait, I say, on the LORD!” (Ps. 27:13-14).
 “Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God” (Phil. 4:6).
 “The eyes of the LORD are on the righteous, and His ears are open to their cry” (Ps. 34:15). “[Cast] all your care upon Him, for He cares for you” (I Pet. 5:7).

I turn to the Word of God everyday and there is always some words of encouragement and comfort or challenge that I need. Having received encouragement from the Lord is then my duty and privilege to be a blessing and comfort to others. I cannot remain in the comfort zone if I am to be a blessing to others.

We are more comfortable working in some areas and perhaps not too comfortable in other areas. It is not for me to choose the comfortable zone. The disciple of the Lord must go where He sends, yes including the non-comfort zones.

Jesus said, "Deny yourself, take up your cross and follow me"

No comments:

Post a Comment