Monday, October 22, 2012

Prayer -speaking and listening to God

"To pray in Jesus' name means to pray in His spirit, in His compassion, in His love, in His outrage, in His concern. In other words, it means to pray that Jesus Himself might pray." Kenneth L Wilson

"The trouble with nearly everybody who prays is that he says, 'Amen' and runs away before God has a chance to reply. Listening to God is far more important than giving Him our ideas." Frank Laubach.

Jesus said, "I am the Good Shepherd, I know my sheep and my sheep know me" John 10:14 NIV. The better we know God, the closer we are to Him the more clearly we recognise His voice. God speaks to us through His word, the Bible, through His Holy Spirit, through circumstances, through fellow believers, through dreams and visions. Let us not limit God to one method, He chooses His way to communicate with us. Let us listen to His voice.


No comments:

Post a Comment