Monday, March 18, 2013

The word of forgiveness

Our Lord hanging on the Cross spoke seven times. Every statement or prayer He made contained a great truth.

Seven times He spake, seven words of love,
And all three hours His silence cried
For mercy on the souls of men:
Jesus, our Lord was crucified.

The first word - the word of forgiveness. "Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know now what they do." Luke 23:34. This beautiful prayer is in perfect harmony with His teaching in the gospels, particularly the Beatitudes.

Not easy is it? It is easy to talk or preach the subject of forgiveness until someone comes into our lives who need that forgiveness from us.
But this is what grace is all about. May the Lord grant us the grace of forgiveness.

"And from my smitten heart with tears,
    Two wonders I confess:
The wonders of His glorious love
    And my own worthlessness.

Thank You Lord for this another day. I remember my friends and family with love and those who have in some way offended me with forgiveness. I entrust them to your care and keeping.
Let the fire of the Holy Spirit fill my heart destroying all the meaness and hypocrisy and let the beauty of Jesus be in me and seen in me.

Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit iwthin me. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment