Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Singing to the elderly

Spent the whole morning at Peacehaven Nursing Home. Had a great time at Skylark, third level where we did chapel service. Then we went round the whole floor and also the first level to visit the residents. We are always warmly welcomed by staff and residents.

What a beautiful sight to see a group of elderly ladies, former students of Methodist Girls' School come to visit their former teacher. They wanted to sing to this saintly lady now in her nineties, so I accompanied them on the concertina in singing two hymns - 'Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound' and 'When I survey the wondrous cross on which the Prince of Glory died."

I always make it a point to visit Tan Thuan Miang a Central Corps soldier every other week. Today, I encouraged him to tell me about his family. Well most people love to relate their past and they long for a listening ear. Although it's not Christmas, he wanted me to sing to him 'Silent night, holy night'
Well we sang a duet!




No comments:

Post a Comment