Tuesday, March 19, 2013

The word of assurance

Jesus was crucified between two thieves.

Sadly one reviled the dying Jesus on the cross. So physically near to the Saviour, yet he died without being saved - he was rebellious and unrepentant to the very end. Sad indeed.

But the other in his last moments on earth fixed his eyes on Jesus and cried out to be remembered when Jesus entered the Kingdom. He received the response from the Lord. "Today thou shalt be with Me in Paradise"

What certainty! -  Verily I say unto thee.
What speed!      -  Today
What glory!       -  In paradise meaning Heaven
What company  - With Me- our Lord Jesus Christ.

"When on my aching, burden'd heart,
   My sins lie heavily,
Thy pardon grant, Thy peace impart,
   In love remember me."   Thomas Haweis

"And when these failing lips grow dumb,
    And mind and memory flee,
When Thou shalt in Thy Kingdom some,
   Jesus, remember me." J. Montgomery.

No comments:

Post a Comment