Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Visit to Peacehaven and Grace Corner

My wife and I visited Levels 1 and 3 of Peacehaven Nursing Home this morning. At Level 3 ‘Skylark’ one elderly resident in her 90’s said this to me, “I don’t like your preaching, but I like your articles.”

Then she added, “You see, I am deaf and can’t hear a word you say, but thank God I can still read.” She is a lovely lady who does not complain. Everything to her is good. People cannot always hear what we say, but they do see and read us. Let's walk our talk.

At the Grace Corner, we heard several testimonies from the residents. “I recover fast because the nurses and therapists look well after us.” Grace Corner was opened in December 2011 and provides rehabilitation services for patients.

This transitional convalescent facility care model was formed by the Health Ministry's Nursing Home Expert Panel and the Eastern Health Alliance through its members from the Salvation Army Peacehaven Nursing Home

Beautiful name, “Grace Corner.” Wonderful partnership between the Government and The Salvation Army.

No comments:

Post a Comment