Saturday, August 25, 2012

Saturday evening prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for your presence with me today. I need Your presence every passing hour.

This evening I pray for those tasked with the responsibility of preaching Your word tomorrow. Grant them wisdom, grant them strength to speak as Your Spirit leads. Help them to declare boldly the truth of Your word. Keep them humble and not take the glory for themselves but give You the glory.

Lord bless the worship and song leaders. Guide them in their choice of songs. Keep them humble and may they lead the congregation to focus on You the One we worship.

I pray for those who will be meeting in the churches to worship. Prepare their hearts Lord to receive Your truth. Grant them that sensitivity of spirit to listen to what the Holy Spirit will say to them through your word. Help them to obey Your truths.

Lord You have commanded us to be salt to the world and lights of the world. Help us to be true reflectors of the Light of Christ. Lord we confess sometimes our lights flicker, steady us O Lord and help us to focus on Jesus so that we can be true reflectors of the Light of the world. Grant us the courage to shine for You and not hide our lights under the bushel.

Lord, You want us to be salt to the earth. If we as salt that has lost its flavour, reveal this to us. Help us to be true salt of the earth. Enable us by Your grace to be of good influence in the family, in society, in church and everywhere we go. Give us courage to be salt that may sting as we declare the truth, but help us to do so gracefully.

In the name of Jesus Christ our Saviour, I pray this prayer. Amen.

Now the Light has Gone Away

Now the light has gone away;
Savior, listen while I pray.
Asking Thee to watch and keep
And to send me quiet sleep.
Jesus, Savior, wash away
All that has been wrong to-day;
Help me every day to be
Good and gentle, more like Thee.
Let my near and dear ones be
Always near and dear to Thee.
O bring me and all I love
To Thy happy home above.




No comments:

Post a Comment