Thursday, August 16, 2012

A welcome visitor - Juat

Just after lunch while we were resting and reading the newspaper, we received a call that a visitor was looking for us. I went downstairs and to my pleasant surprise it was our good friend Juat whom we have known for many years. She was visiting Trinity Theological College and on the way dropped in to see us.How thoughtful of her.

I recall enrolling her as a salvationist at the old Balestier Hall Martaban Road a number of years ago. In recent years she worked at our Salvation Army Headquarters at Bishan as the Director of Public Relations.  She did a splendid job representing The Army and raising funds for its work. She joined the Rotary Club and one day arranged for me to be the speaker. We had a great time together.

She was the one who initiated and organised the visit of Doen Moen to Singapore for a concert at the National Stadium to raise funds for The Salvation Army Peacehaven Nursing Home.  The stadium was packed and the Army received a great deal of publicity besides donations for our work.

Doen Moen visited the Nursing Home and chatted with the residents. He sang for them and brought much encouragement to the staff and residents of the Home.

One of my favourite Doen Moen songs is  "God will make a way."

God will make a way
Where there seems to be no way
He works in ways we cannot see
He will make a way for me
He will be my guide
Hold me closely to His side
With love and strength
For each new day
He will make a way
He will make a way

By a roadway in the wilderness
He'll lead me
And rivers in the desert will I see
Heaven and earth will fade
But His Word will still remain
He will do something new today
It has been my experience - God always makes a way where there seems to be no way.

No comments:

Post a Comment