Friday, August 10, 2012

God bless Singapore

Yesterday National Day was a quiet day rest day for us. As it was Thursday, we spent time going through the programme prepared by Major Ruth Pascoe in connection with The Salvation Army’s Global Prayer embracing the whole world. We prayed on the subjects given in the paper. We prayed for our nation’s leaders.

In the evening we watched the parade on television. What an event! It was heart warming to see the enthusiasm of our people. God bless our nation of Singapore.

“There was a time when people said
That Singapore won't make it
But we did
There was a time when troubles
Seemed too much for us to take
But we did
We built a nation
Strong and free
Reaching out together
For peace and harmony

This is my country, this is my flag
This is my future, this is my life
This is my family, these are my friends
We are Singapore, Singaporeans

Thank God for Singapore!

No comments:

Post a Comment