Tuesday, August 21, 2012

House of Tan Yeok Nee

This morning my wife and I visited the House of Tan Yeok Nee - the old Salvation Army Headquarters and Central Corps. We were there at the request of Sunday Times reporter Clarissa Oon who is writing an article on this building. The article should appear next Sunday 26th August Sunday Times.

She had already interviewed us and this morning the photographer Seah Hwang Ping was there to take our pictures. (See blog 15th August)

Memories! How we cherish memories of the past. When we look back we thank God for His blessings through the years. We lived many years in this old building.

Precious Memories
Precious mem'ries, unseen angels
Sent from somewhere to my soul
How they linger, ever near me
As the sacred past unfold.

Precious mem'ries, how they linger
How they ever flood my soul
In the stillness of the midnight
Precious, sacred scenes unfold.

As I travel on life's pathway
I know not what the years may hold
And as I ponder, hope grows fonder
Precious mem'ries floods my soul.

Precious mem'ries how they linger
How they ever flood my soul
In the stillness of the midnight
Precious, sacred scenes unfold... (Jim Reeves)




No comments:

Post a Comment