Friday, July 26, 2013

The secret place of prayer

I just had my quiet devotions at my favourite place - the balcony. I call it my sanctuary. Across on the other side of the fence is Trinity Theological College. At the moment four Salvation Army cadets are attending their courses at this college. I pray for them everyday.

Right in front of me are several pot plants - the bougainvillea flowers are beautiful. God is the perfect Designer.

Let me share a beautiful poem on prayer by an unknown writer.

I need not leave the jostling crowd
  Or wait till daily tasks are o'er
To fold my hands in secret prayer
  Without the close shut closet door.
There is a viewless cloistered room
   As high as heaven, as fair as day,
Where, though my feet may join the throng,
   My soul can enter in and pray.
When I have banished wayward thoughts
   Of sinful works the fruitful seed,
When folly wins my ear no more,
  The closet door is shut indeed.
No human step approaching makes
  That blissful silence of the place.
No shadow steals across the light
  That falls from my Redeemer's face!
And never through these crystal walls
   The clash of life can pierce its way,
Nor ever can a human ear
  Drink in the spirit words I say,
One, hearkening, even cannot know
   When I have crossed the threshold o'er,
For He alone who hears my prayer
  Has heard the shutting of the door.  - Author unknown.

No comments:

Post a Comment