Sunday, July 28, 2013

Rejoice or weep?

Today's devotional reading from "Words of Life" take our thoughts to the song "I feel like singing all the time." It's been a long time since I last sang this song. We don't seem to sing the old songs these days which is a pity. When my wife and I conduct a service, we always want to plan our own programme or order of service. We make it a point to revive some of the old songs.

I must confess I cannot truthfully claim, "I feel like singing all the time." Some days I feel like crying and not singing. Life has its ups and downs - times of rejoicing and times of mourning.

Whatever our situation we know deep in our hearts there is that peace of the Lord. We may not feel like singing, but we have that sense of calm in our hearts.

Here is an old chorus, one of my favourites.

Peace, peace, sweet peace, wonderful gift from above.
O wonderful, wonderful peace, Sweet peace the gift of God's love.

And here is another of my old favourites: "Thou will keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on Thee."

Well next Sunday we shall be at Balestier Corps to conduct the meeting. It will be  for me 'balek kampong' (returning to my old village) Thank God that day in 1937, The Salvation Army held an open air meeting and this five year old and his siblings watched them with interest and followed them to the hall at Balestier Road.

We had a good day today. I did the Adult Bible class then attended the Holiness meetings let by our Chief Secretary Lieut. Colonel Paul Posadas and his wife Evelyn.  Our Corps officer is away in Ipoh.

To God be the glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment