Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Thanksgiving

Every morning when I wake up, I give thanks to God for another day. "This is the day that the Lord has made! We will rejoice and be glad in it. As the day goes on, there is much to thank God for. Blessings abound wherever He reigns. At the end of the day, I thank the Lord and commit myself to Him. It's wonderful to leave all our worries and concerns with Him.

Last night we were out with the family to the new Plaza called JEM (Jurong East Mall) I have yet to get used to these big shopping centres. Are we not privileged living in Singapore? We had our a delicious dinner. Prices are reasonable and within our means. Thank God.

Thank God I can still walk, write, type and care for myself. I've passed my 81st birthday and still enjoying life. Thanks be to God.

"When cares of earth your soul distress.
When fears for future days oppress,
When loads increase, and strength grow less,
      Try thanksgiving.

When you see no ray of light,
When you must walk by faith, not sight.
When sorely battled in the fight,
      Try thanksgiving.

When sorrow comes with you to say.
When those you love are called away,
When grief besets your pilgrim way,
     Try thanksgiving.

For God who heard in days gone by,
Still hears His children when they cry,
So we will seek His Throne on high,
      With thanksgiving,    -Doris Rendall.

No comments:

Post a Comment