Tuesday, July 9, 2013

The Pure in heart

Who may climb the mountain of the Lord?
    Who may stand in his holy place?
Only those whose hands and hearts are pure,
    who do not worship idols
    and never tell lies. Psalm 24: 3-4 Living Bible

Yesterday we meditated on this beautiful verse "Blessed are the pure in heart for they shall see God."

Monday, on arrival at Peacehaven Nursing Home, we made our way to the Board Room where we joined the staff at their prayer meeting. They were in the midst of singing Psalm 51: 10-12

"Created in me a clean heart O God and renew a right spirit within me.
Cast me not away from Your presence and take not Your Holy Spirit from me.
Restore to me the joy of your salvation and uphold me with a willing spirit."

O how blest we were as we sang these words several times. Yes, we all need clean hearts.

The devotional "40-Day 2013' brings our thoughts to this beautiful verse.It begins with "What's at the centre? In Judaism the heart forms the centre of our thoughts, feelings desires and will. It is like the axle of as wheel. Whatever is at the centre determines everything else from the inside out."

Let me end with a thought by Dean Inge, "The soul is dyed the colour of its leisure thoughts"
Keep the heart and the mind pure.

No comments:

Post a Comment