Sunday, September 2, 2012

With Balestier folk

What a great time we had at Balestier Corps this morning. Anne Kwong very kindly provided transportation to and from the Corps. It's always joy to go back to my home Church, the place I began my pilgrimage. It brought back happy memories.

The church is growing and what a delight to see new comers at the meeting. Now children from Kallang Centre are attending Sunday school and some have brought their parents along.

Our own Church WBC celebrates its 10th anniversary - there were two congregations today. One group comprising mainly the young people plus some older folk camped at St John's island. Major Pascoe was the leader of the meetings at the camp. The smaller group mainly older folk remained at the Corps, the meeting led by the Territorial Commander, Colonel Gillian Downer.

Our God is omnipresent - we can worship Him anywhere.

“But will God indeed dwell on the earth? Behold, heaven and the highest heaven cannot contain You, how much less this house which I have built!” (1 Kings 8:27)

“The God who made the world and all things in it, since He is Lord of heaven and earth, does not dwell in temples made with hands;” (Acts 17:24)

"Where can I go from Your Spirit? Or where can I flee from Your presence? If I ascend to heaven, You are there; If I make my bed in Sheol, behold, You are there. If I take the wings of the dawn, if I dwell in the remotest part of the sea, even there Your hand will lead me, and Your right hand will lay hold of me. If I say, “Surely the darkness will overwhelm me, and the light around me will be night,” even the darkness is not dark to You, and the night is as bright as the day. Darkness and light are alike to You." (Psalm 139:7-12)

No comments:

Post a Comment