Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Comfort - found in Jesus Christ

Early this morning I had my personal devotions using the Bible and Words of Life. The text given today is "Comfort, comfort my people, says the Lord." Isaiah 40: 1. In my intercession I included Peacehaven Nursing Home, the place we would visit later in the morning.

We meet all kinds of people there - the godly, the worldly, the appreciative, the grumblers, all kinds. They all need words of encouragement and comfort. What a beautiful word - comfort. The child needs it, the sick needs it, the youth needs it, the middle aged needs it, the elderly needs it. I pray that each day the Lord will give me some words of encouragement and comfort for someone who needs it.

This old song came to my mind - "Take the name of Jesus with you."

  1. Take the Name of Jesus with you,
    Child of sorrow and of woe,
    It will joy and comfort give you;
    Take it then, where’er you go.
    • Refrain:
      Precious Name, oh, how sweet!
      Hope of earth and joy of Heav’n;
      Precious Name, oh, how sweet!
      Hope of earth and joy of Heav’n.
  2. Take the Name of Jesus ever,
    As a shield from every snare;
    If temptations round you gather,
    Breathe that holy Name in prayer.
  3. Oh, the precious Name of Jesus!
    How it thrills our souls with joy,
    When His loving arms receive us,
    And His songs our tongues employ!
  4. At the Name of Jesus bowing,
    Falling prostrate at His feet,
    King of kings in heav’n we’ll crown Him,
    When our journey is complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment