Saturday, September 15, 2012

Contentment

“Not enough. I want more.” People are wanting and desiring more. This seems to be the spirit of our age. More pay increases, higher pensions, more holidays, and more perquisites. We have become very materialistic. Are we ever satisfied?

"Happiness is not getting what you want, but wanting what you've got." Let’s be content with what we have. Love life, thank God for family and friends. Let us live for Christ. “Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content. I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need.” Philippians 4: 11-12

What good will it be for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul? Or what can anyone give in exchange for their soul?” Matthew 16: 26





No comments:

Post a Comment