Sunday, September 23, 2012

Stand in awe of God - He is great

Had a good day at church. First we attended the Adult Bible class led by Corps Secretary Terence Tan. He really put a lot of research and continued his series on "the theology of work." Plenty for us to ponder and digest.  God works and we are to work with Him to make this world a better place.

At our main worship service we focused our thoughts on the Greatness of God. The theme was "Stand in Awe of God - He is Great!" "Great is the Lord and most worthy of praise, Hie greatness no one can fathom." Psalm 145: 3.

We ended the meeting with the praying of this prayer.

"Dear God, I stand in awe of Your greatness, power and love. The hand that measured out the seas and marked off the heavens is the hand that hold me close to Your heart, O God.  The hand that laid the earth's foundation and directed the stars to their places is the hand that directs me to my eternal hope through Jesus. The hand that shaped the mountains and levelled the earth is the hand that defends and comforts me. The hand that was nailed to the cross is the hand that wipes away my tears. The hand that holds all things together is the hand that will never let me go. Thank You, Father!

How wonderful it is to know that the God Who calls each of the stars by name knows each of us by name. The God who brings order to creation brings order to our lives. The God who designed the planets and keeps them on their paths has designed a destiny for us and keeps us on our path as we trust Him. Lord, when I am stressed out, teach me to spend time in Your presence receiving new strength to praise You and to stand in awe of You." Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment