Monday, September 17, 2012

Ministering at William Booth and Eratchippu Corps.

Yesterday, Sunday. Our Corps Officer (pastor) was away in Ipoh and my wife and I were invited to conduct meetings at two Corps (churches) We are always available to the Lord for service. There is no retirement from ministry.

We began the day with Bible Study and Terence Tan was tasked to lead the studies. He chose for his topic "Biblical concept of work." He referred to Genesis 3: 17-19

To Adam he said, “Because you listened to your wife and ate fruit from the tree about which I commanded you, ‘You must not eat from it,' 'Cursed is the ground because of you; through painful toil you  will eat food from it all the days of your life.  It will produce thorns and thistles for you,  and you will eat the plants of the field. By the sweat of your brow  you will eat your food until you return to the ground, since from it you were taken; dust you are  and to dust you will return.”

We spent some time in discussion on work - a curse or a blessing? a duty or a privilege?  God gave the earth to our first parents and they were tasked to look after it. Sadly because of sin the ground was cursed. Labour and weariness now are part and parcel of life.

Next week we shall continue with the studies on this subject.Terence will do two weeks, after that I shall resume my studies on Judges. Good to take a rest and allow the folk to listen to a different voice.

We then adjourned to the main worship hall where we had our meeting. My wife led and I spoke on the theme 'Soldiers of Jesus Christ'

After lunch, I had a short rest. Had to miss the prayer meeting as I had to conduct the second service this time at Eratchippu. We started at 2.30 p.m. with prayer meeting, then our worship began at 3.00 p.m all done in Tamil. The only words I understood were "Hallelujah and Amen."

We started the meeting with the song, "Thou Christ of burning cleansing flame, Send the fire." The tune was slightly altered here and there! They sang with enthusiasm and I joined them singing in English. Of course with translation the meeting the sermon took longer to deliver. By the time we finished it was about 5.00  p.m

I thank God at my age of 80, I still can make my contribution to Salvation Army and the Kingdom of God.

At 5.30 pm two of our friends now worshipping with us at William Booth Corps, took us and another couple for dinner at Pu Tien Restaurant. Thank God for friends who care for support and encourage one another.

We end the day thanking God for giving us yet another day. Praise God from whom all blessings flow.

 




No comments:

Post a Comment