Saturday, May 5, 2012

Words of Life

We've been using the devotional WORDS OF LIFE since the first issue was published, in fact we started with its predecessor SOLDIER'S ARMOURY when it first began publication.  It was a simple little devotional which cost 60 cents.

For some unknown reason, this current issue is late in reaching Singapore. Five days have already gone and we still have not receive it. What a disappointment! We don't know the reason for the delay - maybe the fault lies with the distributors, the publishers, or the postal system. For the time being we are using another devotional called "One Day at a time" by William MacDonald, I found this in my own bookshelf. It's an interesting and helpful devotional.

Well, thank God, we always have the Bible. I possess quite a number of translations. Maybe it is time just to go direct to read God's word and not depend on devotional daily readings.

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness. 2 Timothy 3:16


The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times. Psalms 12:6

Break Thou the Bread of Life,
Dear Lord, to me,
As Thou didst break the loaves
Beside the sea;
Beyond the sacred page
I seek Thee, Lord;
My spirit pants for Thee,
O Living Word.

Thou art the Bread of Life,
O Lord, to me,
Thy holy Word the truth
That saveth me;
Give me to eat and live
With Thee above;
Teach me to love Thy truth,
For Thou art Love.

Oh, send Thy Spirit, Lord,
Now unto me,
That He may touch my eyes,
And make me see;
Show me the truth concealed
Within Thy Word,
And in Thy Book revealed
I see the Lord.

Bless Thou the truth, dear Lord,
To me, to me,
As Thou didst bless the bread
By Galilee;
Then shall all bondage cease,
All fetters fall,
And I shall find my peace,
My All in all. (Verse 1 by Mary A Lathbury, Remaining Verses   Alexander Groves.)




 




No comments:

Post a Comment