Thursday, May 31, 2012

80th Birthday 0n 30th May

I give thanks and praise to God for allowing me to live in this world for 80 years! My mother told me years ago that I was born a premature baby and during my childhood days quite sickly. But God allowed this sickly child to live longer than all the siblings! No one in the family lived to eighty!

I've lived beyond my life span of 'three score years and ten.' Everyday is a bonus. My prayer is "Teach us to number our days aright  that we may gain a heart of wisdom." Psalm 90: 12.

I thank my many friends for their gifts and greetings sent by e-mail, snail mail, sms, through face book.Thank you friends for taking time to write, type or telephone.  I received some surprises from people I've not heard for a long time.

Thank you, those who invited us out for lunch or dinner.

Time is a precious commodity and more so living in this busy age. So the fact that when we take time even for a few minutes to send a greeting, it means a lot to the recipient. So thank you friends and relatives for giving of your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment