Thursday, May 17, 2012

Pastoral visit to the elderly

 "This is the day that the Lord has made."  Everyday I wake up I thank God for giving me yet another day - yes a bonus! I am not accountable to anyone, except to God for how I spend my time. I pray each day that I be giving the wisdom to spend time wisely. We must value time. Gladstone once said, "Believe me when I tell you that thrift of time will repay you in after life with a usury of profit beyond your most sanguine dreams, and that the waste of it will make you dwindle, alike in intellectual and moral stature, beyond your darkest  reckonings."

I am called to be a pastor and evangelist. The word of God is still burning in the bones. Thank God for the opportunities that still come my way.

What a joy it was to visit a number of elderly housebound folk! We visited three people this week - two in their nineties and one in her eighties. It was time well spent in the Lord's service. We were truly blessed as we listened to their testimonies the way God has blessed them. We went to minister but in term were being ministered.

Visiting the sick and the lonely, serving the church, participating in various activities play an important part in Christian service for retirees like us. Every servant of the Lord should have the satisfaction of knowing his labour is directed to the well being of the community.



No comments:

Post a Comment