Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Closing thoughts on 2013

The clock is ticking, another year is coming to and end. In a matter of hours, my wife and I will be in church to have fellowship with our church family. We shall then have our worship and at the stroke of midnight greet the New Year 2014.

Tomorrow we shall use a new calendar. What will the new year bring? Alvin Toffler wrote a book called "Future Shock,"  I wish I could write one on "Future without Shock"

One thing we know there will still be trouble in this sin sick world. Disease, viruses, sickness will still be around. Believing in God does not place us in a bubble that protects us from germs or viruses. But we believe He is the Healer we can trust. He may heal us and prolong our physical life, He may not for He wants us Home with Him. He knows best. When the time comes for us to leave this earth He will come for us to take us Home. It's a  future without shock.

There will be disasters - floods, earthquakes, droughts on earth. It is a fallen world.There will be fightings and war between nations and civil wars within the nations. The word of God says so. We are not to hang our hands in despair, but to look up and keep our faith in Him strong. "My help comes from the Lord." Psalm 121:2.

We do not have to meet trials and tribulations alone, but in the company of our Lord who is independent of time and things. The future has no terror when we have faith in Him.

In those closing moments of the year, keep looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith.
He is the same yesterday, today and forever.

"I shall not fear though darkened clouds may gather round me;
The God I serve is one who cares and understands.
Although the storms I face would threatened to confound me,
Of this I am assured: I'm in His hands.

I'm in His hands, I'm in His hands;
Whate'er the future holds
I'm in His hands,
The days I cannot see
Have all been planned for me;
His way is best, you see;
I' m in His hands.  Stanley Ditmer.


No comments:

Post a Comment