Saturday, December 21, 2013

Kallang Ministry to the Elderly

Yesterday we were invited by Captain Hary to join in the celebrations at Kallang Outpost. I was the speaker for the Fellowship for the Elderly. Two Salvationists Alwin and Tommy led the singing in Chinese, singing Hokkien and Mandarin songs. Alwin is a taxi driver but gives his Friday afternoon ministering at Kallang. Tommy used to run his own pizza business. He sold it and now concentrates on his family and ministry. They are lovely Christians who give of themselves to the Lord's work. I believe God sent them to help Captain Hary in reaching out to the folk in Kallang.

Normally Alwin translates for Captain Hary, but yesterday, I gave the Christmas message in Hokkien without using and interpreter.

My wife and I had a great time and we thank Him for health and strength to continue in ministry.

No comments:

Post a Comment