Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year 2014

I said to the man who stood at the gate of the year, "Give me a light that I may tread safely into the unknown."

And he replied, "Go out into the darkness and put thine hand into the hand of God. That shall be better than light and safer than a known way"  M Louise Haskins.

I want to share with you my favourite hymn. I use it often in my devotions.

Hold Thou my hand!
Hold Thou my hand; I am so weak and helpless,
I dare not take one step without Thy aid;
Hold Thou my hand; for then, O loving Savior,
No dread of ill shall make my soul afraid.

Hold Thou my hand, and closer, closer draw me
To Thy dear self—my hope, my joy, my all;
Hold Thou my hand, lest haply I should wander,
And, missing Thee, my trembling feet should fall.

Hold Thou my hand; the way is dark before me
Without the sunlight of Thy face divine;
But when by faith I catch its radiant glory,
What heights of joy, what rapturous songs are mine!

Hold Thou my hand, that when I reach the margin
Of that lone river Thou didst cross for me,
A heavenly light may flash along its waters,
And every wave like crystal bright shall be. by Fanny Crosby

I wish all the readers of this blog a Happy and Blessed New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment