Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Ministering in the name of our Lord

Yesterday, we visited a saintly elderly lady of 95, a lovely Christian. She is mentally alert, but physically frail. She is either in bed or in a wheel chair. We went there to sing and pray with her. We were there to bless her, but in turn were greatly blessed.

The journey takes more than an hour each way on the bus.On the way home we had planned to visit two handicapped women at Dover Road but it was getting late and raining too, so we had to change our plans to return home. We shall make it another day.

People need the Lord. We thank Him daily for grace and strength to try to meet human needs.

Prayer:

Lord thank you, I can hear everyday sounds; music and the voices of friends and loved ones. I can tune on to the radio or television, hold a conversation, There are many who are not so privileged. Help me to be considerate to the deaf; kind to the one suffering from memory loss, and grant me the wisdom to minister to those who feel isolated. Except I am moved with compassion, how dwells Your Spirit in me. Lord fill me this very hour.












No comments:

Post a Comment