Saturday, December 7, 2013

Advent Story - He gave out of his poverty.

Rodney Bungay was a boy when he came with his parents, Majors Roy and Joy Bungay to serve in Singapore and Malaysia in the 1970's and early 80's/ He is now an officer in The Salvation Army in Canada. He shared this story on Face Book, and I have copied it to share with my friends.


Advent Lesson of the week...
So my dear Centre of Hope Resident friend comes up to me pulls me a side and quietly says "Captain I want The Salvation Army to have $50.00 of my government cheque" ..... Adressing him by his first name, I protest ...friend I cannot do that.... you need this far too much this Christmas Season. When your cheque comes you Hang on to it and I know you will need it.

No Captain you don't understand!! I really want you to help me use this money to genuinely help someone who is facing a difficult time this time of year. If I do not give it to The Salvation Army I know will blow it on my addictions and no good will come of it- This way I know I can really make someones day a little brighter and if I do need help I know The Salvation Army will be there to help me through the day.

Friends through the amazing encounters I am blessed to experience in my ministry there are some days I am convinced that we come in contact with Angels in disguise without even knowing it and I am more convinced than ever that they hang out in the most unlikely of locations.

Mark 12:44a (NIV)
They all gave out of their wealth; but she, out of her poverty

No comments:

Post a Comment