Thursday, December 19, 2013

Christmas greetings from all over the world

We are receiving Christmas greetings from all over the world via the internet. But there are a number of our friends who are not internet savvy, and we still get their Christmas cards via snail mail.

Quite a number of our friends begin with this lament, "Where has all the time gone?" "The year has gone by very quickly." "It's that time of the year again and here I am sending you greetings for the season." "How fast time flies."

Health issues - " Our health has taken a turn for the worse." "My husband/wife had a stroke this year." "My... has been in and out of hospital." "Sadly I have to tell you, my wife/husband has dementia and now I have to spend much time looking after him/her." "Our travelling days are now over as age catches up with us."


Some brighter note: "We have welcomed our first, second.... great grandson, grand daughter." "This year we are spending Christmas with our son and family. We'll be surrounded with grand children"

Change of address. "We have just moved into a unit in a retirement village" "I am now in a nursing home and I am getting a friend to send this card to you."

We live in a world of change. Circumstances change. Thank God, He is the same yesterday, today and forever.

His Name is called Emmanuel - God with us. Yes He is with us in all circumstances.

No comments:

Post a Comment