Monday, April 30, 2012

Enrolment of Junior Soldiers

Yesterday at our church six junior soldiers were enrolled. We were very pleased to welcome these children - three were children of Salvationists.


A Junior Soldier is a boy or girl who, having professed conversion, having signed the junior soldier’s promise, and being between the age of 7 and 13. He/she is publicly enrolled and given a badge to wear.

The 'Junior Soldier promise' reads - "Having asked God for forgiveness, I will be his loving and obedient child. Because Jesus is my Saviour from sin, I will trust him to keep me good, and will try to help others to follow him. I promise to pray, to read my Bible and, by his help, to lead a life that is clean in thought, word and deed. I will not smoke, take harmful drugs or drink alcoholic drinks."

It is always a joy to see children accepting the Lord and willing to take up membership in the church.
We are glad to have a good Junior Soldier Sergeant in the person of Gina Porter Lau who cares and nurtures these children. God bless your young people.

No comments:

Post a Comment