Monday, April 23, 2012

Sunday

It's always a joy to go to the meeting to have Bible class followed by worship. We thank God for the freedom of worship in our country. I am glad that at the age of five I made my first contact with The Salvation Army and seven five years later I am still enjoying my fellowship with believers and sharing the Word.

We've been studying Judges and on Sunday we focused our thoughts on Judges 4: 1-10. Once again we read of the sin of the people and God allowed them to be oppressed by the enemy. They cried to the Lord and He heard their prayer and this time raised a woman Deborah to be their leader.

Fancy a woman in a partriachal society! God always has His man or woman for the hour. She rose to fill the vacuum. God blessed her for her faith in Him. And God selected Barak to be the general for the hour.  I suppose after 20 years of oppression at the hands of the Canaanites, Barak had reason to be concerned. So he consented to go to battle on condition Deborah the judge and prophetess go with him! It would be an insurance that God would be with the army for Barak recognised that God had called her.

I was encouraged by the participation of our folk who are keen Bible students.

After Bible class we all went to the main hall for worship.

"Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path." Psalm 119: 105
 
"And we have the word of the prophets made more certain, and you will do well to pay attention to it, as to a light shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts." 2 Peter 1: 19

No comments:

Post a Comment