Sunday, April 8, 2012

Preaching at a wake

Good Friday evening, we attended a wake at Ang Mo Kio. Sister Thian Huay's mother passed away, and although the lady and family are Toaists, Tian Huay and some of the relatives are Christians. They invited me to conduct the service in Hokkien.

How did I get invited? The family recalled 37 years ago, I conducted the wedding of Ng Seng Chow and Thian Huay. They remembered me and wanted me to preach on Friday night.

Thian Huay attends Chinese Corps. Lieut. Colonel Tan Thean Seng was kind enough to bring his singing group to sing Chinese gospel songs. Then I read the Scriptures in Hokkien and gave the whole message in Hokkien.

The last rites will be done according to Toaist tradition on Sunday night and funeral on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment