Thursday, April 19, 2012

Intercessory Prayer

"Intercessory prayer is the purifying bath into which the individual and the fellowship must enter every day." Dietrich Bonhoeffer.

I have my own daily prayers. I enter the closet alone to be with God. These are precious moments in my daily life.

I have prayers with my wife every evening before we end the day. We thank Him for giving us another day of blessings. We bring the family - children and grandchildren to Him and commit them to the Lord. We intercede for our many friends especially the sick, the bereaved and those who need special prayers.

We have been attending The Salvation Army's Global prayer sessions every Thursday. We met again this morning - officers and lay people. We divided into two groups and I was truly blessed by the sincere prayers of our people. Oh to hear believers especially lay people making impassioned pleas to the Lord to bless our Army and our people.

The hour passed extremely quickly. I was glad I could be part of the prayer group.

Prayer lays hold of God’s plan and becomes the link between His will and its accomplishment on earth. Amazing things happen, and we are given the privilege of being the channels of the Holy Spirit’s prayer.
~ Elisabeth Elliot

No comments:

Post a Comment