Monday, January 2, 2012

My dream for the New Year

Today is a public holiday and all around me is peace and quiet. My wife and I spent the day at home, tidying our place, putting away gifts friends have so kindly given us.

One of rooms in our unit is used as my office cum study. At times it gets somewhat untidy.I cleaned my desk,put away or throw away some of my stuff. Now it really looks tidy. Whilst doing this, I indulged in a little day dreaming. It's multi tasking if you like. I love to iron my clothes and prepare my sermons at the same time. Never once in my life have I got one garment burnt.

I have a dream.

I dream that the people in our church will always stretch out their hand of friendship to welcome the visitors regardless of race or colour.

I dream that the foreigners who have come to live and work here will learn to integrate with local people, they will sit round the same tables with the those of a different race or colour. It is sad to see some 'ang mohs' (local name for Caucasians) only sit with their fellow 'ang mohs' We love to feel we all belong to the same Lord, we are brothers and sisters in Christ.

I dream that we in The Salvation Army will truly be ONE ARMY.

They shall come from the east, they shall come from the west
And sit down in the kingdom of God.

Heaven is multiracial, so why not practise now to sit together regardless of race of colour.

No comments:

Post a Comment