Friday, January 27, 2012

Encouragement

Just received a lovely note of encouragment from someone I've never met. Ian Woodgate of Horsham discovered my blog by accident and he took the trouble to write that note of thanks and appreciation. Well, it made my day. Some days I don't feel like writing, but when such words of encouragement comes, it inspires you to keep pressing on.

Encouragement
You can't light a candle
To show others the way,
Without feeling the warmth
Of that bright little ray.
And you can't pluck a rose,
All fragrant with dew,
Without part of its fragrance
Remaining in you.

Let us encourage one another in our journey in life.

By the way, lots of times we have discovered blessings by accident. Actually, I believe they are God's designs.

The other day, after my visit to the Hospital, I took a little stroll to the Kent Ridge Train Station, just to have a look. Then at the spur of the moment decided to take a ride to the next station. I got out to the Har Par Villa station, just wandered into this tourist spot, only to meet a salvationist who had not been attending our church for some time. I was able to spend about half and hour sitting on the bench in the park and talked to her about spiritual things.We ended our session in prayer. That same night I received a phone call and she is back attending church. She even paid us a visit during Chinese New Year. Coincidence? No Divine providence.

I love the old hymn by William Cowper.

God moves in a mysterious way
His wonders to perform;
He plants His footsteps in the sea
And rides upon the storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment