Saturday, July 7, 2012

Spirit of the Living God fall afresh on me.

I've sung this chorus written by Daniel Iverson many times and it has never failed to touch my heart as I pray this prayer,

"Spirit of the Living God, fall afresh on me,
Break me, melt me, mould me, fill me,
Spirit of the Living God fall afresh on me."

We must be willing to allow our preconceived ideas, our outworn forms and traditions to be broken and melted down so that we become part of the church God desires it to be today.

It is Saturday evening and I am going through my Bible lesson for tomorrow. It is about Gideon and his 300 men of valour who defeated the enemy. We shall be focusing our thoughts on Judges 7. Self sufficiency is a big hindrance in our spiritual life when it causes us to believe we can always do what needs to be done in our own strength.

I feel a sense of inadequacy as I think of tomorrow when I shall face the class of Bible loving Christians hungering for the word. They are willing to get up early to be at church to attend the Bible class.

Hence I am praying this prayer again, "Spirit of the Living God fall afresh on me." I need that fresh anointing from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment