Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Live the dream

I read the 40 Day Devotional produced by Love Singapore. The writer quoted C S Lewis one of my favourite authors. Lewis says, "You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream."  Old people can still dream dreams! Great encouragement.

We were at Peacehaven yesterday and met all kinds of people - staff, nurses, residents and visitors. Some are negative, others are positive and keep hope alive. They see visions and dream dreams.

One elderly lady age 97, wheelchair bound always greets us with a cheerful smile. Every time I meet her she tells me she wants to cook me "mee siam" her special dish when she has the chance to get into the kitchen. She is happy despite her handicap and she dreams on.  I always thank her and tell her, "Yes, I'm looking forward to her "mee siam." It keeps her happy and I'm happy too for her caring concern for others.

Let's encourage each other.

Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for he who promised is faithful. And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near. Hebrews 10: 23-25

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope. Romans 15: 13




No comments:

Post a Comment