Thursday, July 19, 2012

Coat of many colours

Engineers tell us that the only way metal can safely be used is after testing it. And it must exceed the testing requirements, repeatedly. The metal to be used must be pure and the order for it to be purified - it must go through fire. It must be melted, moulded and fit the designer's purpose.

In the same way we have to be tested before God will use us for His purposes. This is what happened to Joseph. He was being tested and purified that he might bring about an even greater work for God. He was faithful in the smaller things and God was preparing him for more - to save the nation.

He was sold as a slave, wrongly accused, thrown into prison, forgotten by one who promised to help.

Read the devotional booklet produced by Love Singapore - in connection with our national Day celebrations. I've been truly blessed as I meditate on God's word using this devotional.

My prayer again, "Spirit of the Living God fall afresh on me.
Break me, melt me, mould me, fill me.
Spirit of the Living God, fall afresh on me.'

No comments:

Post a Comment