Thursday, February 16, 2012

Prayer meeting

What a privilege to spend time with fellow believers in prayer! An enthusiastic group met this morning at THQ chapel to spend time in prayer.

There were two new people with us - a stranger named Irene walked in and joined us. Obviously she is a mature Christian and could participate in praying. That was a real encouragement to us.

Jeffrey Jiang whose testimony appeared in the February issue of the War Cry joined us for the first time. He is at the moment in Singapore waiting for his visa to go to Bintulu. He has a wonderful testimony to give. Let me quote what he wrote in the War Cry "..my grandmother in China used to believe in 'I-Kuan Tao which is a traditional Chinese religion rooted in Chinese traditions., with teachings emphasising universal values such as family, honour, respect and moderation. When my grandfather, who was Deputy Commissioner of Customs, was persecuted during the Cultural Revolution, my grandmother accepted Christianity. She was among the first group of believers who accepted Christ when the Church reopened in the 1980s in China.

It was my grandmother's numerous prayers that I have experienced many miracles of God......Following my time as a theological student..... I finally became a pastor in the Da Lian Christianity Association which had more than 300 thousand members in three provinces.....During this period I obtained a graduate diploma and MBA degree.
...God has blessed me with a family."

His wife and daughter are still in China. He had been awarded a Masters Degree in Theology from a Malaysian Bible College. He has become a Salvationist and wants to serve full time with The Salvation Army.

We thank God there are people who want to join our Army to spread the gospel. We prayed for our brother in Christ. The fields are white unto harvest, let's welcome those who want to join us in ministry of sharing the gospel with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment