Thursday, February 27, 2014

It is well with my soul

"How are you? that seems to be the customary greeting when we meet friends.
And the response these days is "I am good." A few say, "I'm fine."

Really I cannot say, "I'm good."  You recall the conversation Jesus had with the rich young ruler,
A ruler questioned Him, saying, "Good Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?" And Jesus said to him, "Why do you call Me good? No one is good except God alone" Luke  18: 19, Mark 10: 18 Matthew 19:17

Read Romans 3 12 "No one does good, not even one...."
Romans  3: 22-23  " There is no distinction... all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God..."

I like to say "I am well." or "It is well with my soul."

God is good! I try to be good and it is my desire and prayer
"To be like Jesus, this hope possesses me,
In every thought and deed,
This is my aim, my creed:
To be like Jesus, this hope possesses me,
His Spirit helping me, Like Him I'll be." John Gowans.

No comments:

Post a Comment