Thursday, January 9, 2014

Visit to Chinatown to shop

Chinatown is well decorated for Chinese New Year. As it will be the Year of the Horse, we see   Lantern horses every where. I looked at the decorations of horses and coins (symbolising wealth) the verse of Scripture came to my mind. "Some trust in chariots and some in horses but we trust in the name of the Lord our God. They are brought to their knees and fall, but we rise up and stand firm." Psalm 20: 7-8.




I took a bus (No 961) from our place to Hong Lim Park, then walked to Hong Kong Street to buy nuts from the wholesalers - Teck Sang my regular shop. We love nuts  of all kinds - cashew nuts, wall nuts, almonds, chestnuts, dried figs etc. We are such nutty people. I carried five and a half kilograms of nuts - in my knapsack plus a cloth bag provided by the shop. From there I walked to Stamford Road to take bus 171 home. I always enjoyed walking. Thank God for strength. Enjoyed every moment of it.


As I walked I meditated on the greatness, goodness and graciousness of God. He has given me 81 plus years on this earth.  How many more will He allow me here, I don't know. But whether long or short, it is for Him to decide.


Thank You Lord for all your goodness
Through the years of yesterday;
Thank You too for present mercies
And Your blessing on the way.
Thank You for each revelation,
And for what You choose to hide;
Thank You Lord for grace sustaining
As I in Your love abide.  August Ludvig  Storm (translated by Flora Larsson.)




Rejoice in the Lord always!





No comments:

Post a Comment