Thursday, June 6, 2013

Welcome - Lieut. Colonels Leopoldo and Evelyn Posadas

We attended the usual Thursday Prayer meeting at Territorial Hqrs this morning. We stayed on, visited Major Wasagam and her sister, chatted with some of the staff and then attended the Welcome meeting for Lieut. Colonels Leopoldo and Evelyn Posadas- the new Chief Secretary and Territorial Secretary for Women's Ministries.

We first came to know them when we were appointed to Philippines. They were Corps Officers at Camiling in the northern Division.

This morning they reminded me of the day when I as the Territorial Commander of the Philippines sent farewell orders to them and appointed them to Lebe in Mindadoa in the southern Division. This change was made at the recommendation of their immediate superiors - the Divisional Commander and Field Secretary. The reason for the change was to give them wider experience.

They requested me to rescind the appointment, They gave their reasons. I spent some time with this couple, explained to them the reasons for the change. For me to give in to their request would set a chain reaction in the territory. They should go to the new appointment and should difficulties arise, I would then consider my next step. I prayed with them and they went to their appointment as all good officers would do.

As leaders one has to use the heart as well as the head. I believe that was the right decision for them at that time.

This morning they expressed their gratitude for my understanding, counselling and prayer for them. That appointment turned out to be a fruitful appointment and brought them much blessing. They thanked me for the decision I took as their leader. No bad feelings, only appreciation for what we did and gratitude to God for His blessings.

What a joy it was for my wife and me to join the congregation to welcome them as our leaders in this territory. They have given excellent service in their home country as well as Bangladesh. They served in this difficult country for the last six years. God bless Paul and Evelyn. They are God's faithful servants.
T

No comments:

Post a Comment