Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Following the leadings of God's Spirit

"My heart tells me..." so I go ahead and do it. Is it always safe to follow your heart? Is the heart a good guide always?

I speak from my own experience that at times my heart has made wrong decisions.  I need more than follow my heart; God has given me intellect, the power to think. So of course I have to use my heart, but I need to use my head as well.

My heart and my mind need to be in tune with the Lord. If not the heart and mind can lead us astray.
It is following Jesus by following the leading of His Spirit. Daily I need to examine my relationship with Him.

Prayer:
Dear Lord, thank You for the promise of Your presence. I am assured daily by your promise, "I am with you always." Thank You for being with me in my daily walk with You. In every situation I am able to turn to You. You understand my every situation more than anyone else however hard they may try. Lord, I've proved this from my own experience all these years of my discipleship. You have never let me down. I am in your hands.

The changes that come my way, I find it at times hard to cope. Grant me courage to deal with the changes that challenge me. If I am worried or fearful help me to focus on You and seek Your strength and guidance. I pray in the name of Jesus my Saviour and Lord. Amen



No comments:

Post a Comment