Thursday, May 23, 2013

Imperfections

The Founder of The Salvation Army, William Booth was travelling with a businessman, a good friend and supporter of The Army. This kind friend said a lot of good things about The Army then quietly added, "General, I really like the Army....but there is one fault I find with your people..." Before he could say what the fault was, William Booth broke in, "One fault?" he asked, "Why, friend, I can find thousands!"

I cannot say for certain whether this was a historical fact, or just a legend, the fact remains true. The Salvation Army is imperfect because it is made up of imperfect people. When I joined The Army I brought in my share of imperfections! I am still trying to be good, so everyday I pray this prayer

To be like Jesus!
This hope possesses me,
In every thought and deed,
This is my prayer and creed;
To be like Jesus!
This hope possesses me,
The Spirit helping me,
Like Him I'll be.

No comments:

Post a Comment