Sunday, May 26, 2013

Bear one another's burdens

Yesterday, my wife and I visited her former classmate at Sixth Avenue. We heard that her brother,  a doctor had gone to be with the Lord. We went to pray with this lady and her handicapped younger sister, both quite frail. Both are spinsters. They really appreciated  our short visit.

As age catches up on us, we cannot do much, but we thank God, we still have the strength to get around to do ministry. We were pleased our grand daughter Rachel on her way to Bishan for worship practice was able to give us a lift.

Everyday we thank God for family and friends. My wife and I thank God for each other. Come next month, 7th June we shall celebrate our 55th wedding anniversary. How grateful we are to God who has blessed us all these years.

"Bear one another's burdens and thereby fulfil the law of Christ" Galatians 6:2

The Saviour of men came to seek and to save
The souls who were lost to the good;
His Spirit was moved for the world which he loved
With the boundless compassion of God.
And still there are fields where the labourers are few,
And still there are souls without bread,
And still eyes that weep where the darkness is deep,
And still straying sheep to be led.

Chorus
Except I am moved with compassion,
How dwelleth thy Spirit in me?
In word and in deed
Burning love is my need;
I now know I can find it in thee.

O is not the Christ ‘midst the crowd of today
Whose questioning cries do not cease?
And will he not show to the hearts that would know
The things that belong to their peace?
But how shall they hear if the preacher forbear
Or lack in compassionate zeal?
Or how shall hearts move with the Master’s own love,
Without his anointing and seal?

It is not with might to establish the right,
Nor yet with the wise to give rest;
The mind cannot show what the heart longs to know
Nor comfort a people distressed.
O Saviour of men, touch my spirit again,
And grant that thy servant may be
Intense every day, as I labour and pray,
Both instant and constant for thee. (Albert Orsborn)

No comments:

Post a Comment