Saturday, April 13, 2013

Wait patiently on the Lord

Nowadays we seem to be obsessed with speed and we love the word 'instant.' A lot of commodities are marked as 'instant.' We have instant coffee, instant this and instant that. I can go the dispensing machine, press the button and get instant sandwich. Good when you are in a hurry and go to the dispensing machine and get instant fried noodles when you are hungry.

Tomorrow my wife and I will be conducting the meeting at the William Booth Corps. There is no dispensing  machine where we can get an instant sermon. It has involved a lot of thoughtful preparation and prayer. I suppose I can google and get a sermon from the Internet, print it out and read it. I understand some people do this and I don't think it is right. That will be plagiarism and it will not bless anyone. The message has to come from the heart and sourced from the word of God. Preachers of the word need to sit at the feet of the Lord and get the message from Him. We always have to wait on the Lord.

There are lots of things that will never be instant. There is no instant growth, not instant maturity. Many things in life can only be achieved, acquired or gained at slow tempo and patient waiting.



No comments:

Post a Comment