Thursday, April 11, 2013

Pray for someone.

There is always someone 'standing in the need of prayer.'  I certainly stand in need of prayer and all through my Christian pilgrimage, people have prayed for me, otherwise I would not be here typing this message. We often receive requests 'Please pray for me' and I am encouraged when someone says to me, 'I'm praying for you.' Let's engage in mutual prayer support. We all need it. One of the first things the new Pope Francis requested in his opening message was for their prayers.

Jesus said this to Peter,  "I have prayed for you, Simon, that your faith may not fail. And when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers.” Jesus knew Peter like all of us had his strength and weakness. Our Lord believed in Peter and He prayed that Peter would have the faith to keep trying, keep persevering, keep pressing on despite failures.

Peter was self confident. Subsequent incidents proved that when the real test came Peter was weak and fearful. Let's pray for each other that whatever comes our way, our faith in God will not fail us.

We often get visitors to our home - family and friends. We always make it a point to pray with them before we part. We visit our friends and we always end with a word of prayer. We go round to visit the residents of our Salvation Army Nursing Home and if the residents agree, we pray with them.

We all stand in need of prayer. Pray for someone, pray for yourself that our faith do not fail.

  1. Sweet hour of prayer! sweet hour of prayer!
    That calls me from a world of care,
    And bids me at my Father’s throne
    Make all my wants and wishes known.
    In seasons of distress and grief,
    My soul has often found relief,
    And oft escaped the tempter’s snare,
    By thy return, sweet hour of prayer!
  2. Sweet hour of prayer! sweet hour of prayer!
    The joys I feel, the bliss I share,
    Of those whose anxious spirits burn
    With strong desires for thy return!
    With such I hasten to the place
    Where God my Savior shows His face,
    And gladly take my station there,
    And wait for thee, sweet hour of prayer!
  3. Sweet hour of prayer! sweet hour of prayer!
    Thy wings shall my petition bear
    To Him whose truth and faithfulness
    Engage the waiting soul to bless.
    And since He bids me seek His face,
    Believe His Word and trust His grace,
    I’ll cast on Him my every care,
    And wait for thee, sweet hour of prayer!
  4. Sweet hour of prayer! sweet hour of prayer!
    May I thy consolation share,
    Till, from Mount Pisgah’s lofty height,
    I view my home and take my flight.
    This robe of flesh I’ll drop, and rise
    To seize the everlasting prize,
    And shout, while passing through the air,
    “Farewell, farewell, sweet hour of prayer!” - William W Walford
     
 

No comments:

Post a Comment