Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Christmas carolling at Peacehaven

There are about 400 residents, not counting staff at The Salvation Army Nursing Home. Last Tuesday we began our carolling on Levels 1 and 3. Today we sang carols to our residents on Level 2 and Hope Centre.

My concertina is getting on in years, somewhat out of tune and leaking in the bellows and it will retire when I am gone from this earth. Anyway there is no one who knows how to play this ancient instrument. So I've been using my piano accordion which I bought at our Salvation Army Thrift Store some ten years ago. I quite enjoy playing it and it's good for physical exercise as well.

I had my first piano accordion given me when we were stationed in Penang. I bought a tutorial book from a music shop and learned from it. Since then I've worn out a few piano accordions. It's a lovely instrument.

We thank God for health and strength. Despite our age, we can still sing and proclaim the message of the gospel. We will continue doing so as long as the Lord and Peacehaven needs us.

No comments:

Post a Comment