Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Celebrating Christmas at Peacehaven

Yesterday we joined the staff of Peacehaven for Christmas lunch. What a delightful time we had and we enjoyed a delicious Christmas lunch too! I was asked to use my piano accordion to accompany the singing of carols. We thank God for allowing us to pay a small part in this Nursing Home. It's a real privilege.

We visited our daughter Poh Chin who is well cared for by the nurses and staff of the Home. She is happy in her own way even if she cannot express herself.

Among the residents we visited was a Salvationist from Central Corps - Brother Tan Thuan Miang. He was in a good mood and despite his condition was cheerful. As usual I prayed with him and when I said Amen, he asked to pray with me. It was a beautiful prayer from his heart for me and for his many friends. I was truly blessed by being with him for that brief period of time.

We visit Peacehaven to bless the people, but in turn we have been blessed. It happens every week.

We are now looking forward to Saturday when carollers from the various Corps and centres will minister to the folk at Peacehaven.  It will be a great time of celebration.

No comments:

Post a Comment