Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Jesus is coming again!

"Christ is our hope because Christ is our future. That means we are waiting and hoping for His second coming, praying 'Come, Lord Jesus, come to the world, come to us.' Without the expectation of Christ second coming there is no hope." Jurgen Moltmann in Experiences of God.

I've spent much time reading and meditating on the Book of Revelation. I know there is a keen and widespread hunger to know the truths this book proclaims, to unravel its mysteries, to know what's coming. I don't think there is any other book in the Bible that produces such wide divergence of views or interpretation.

One thing is certain, this Book tells us clearly Christ is coming again. Maranatha - the Lord is coming soon! I pray this prayer often.

"O send Thy Spirit Lord,
Now unto me,
That He may touch my eyes
And make me see;
Show me the truth concealed
Within Thy Word,
And in Thy Book revealed
I see the Lord" (Alexander Groves SASB 650 verse 3)

No comments:

Post a Comment