Friday, September 10, 2010

Hari Raya - Public Holiday

Everyday is a public holiday for retirees like me and everyday is a working day too. I am a free agent, I do what I like and when I like. However I choose to have a programme, a discipline I impose on myself. Today I am going to concentrate on Bible studies. I am doing Revelation and today will concentrate on Chapter 7. I like to be four lessons ahead of the class which I conduct at the William Booth Corps (church) every Sunday from 9.30 to 10.30 a.m. It's a privilege given me and I thank God for it.

The last few weeks we have concentrated our thoughts on the first five chapters. We are created for God's pleasure. We are here to express His worthiness. We are made to worship. Graham Kendrick said, "To worship must be the consuming passion of the heart, whether we express it in old ways or in new ways, in silence or on shouts, in stillness or in dancing." Yes we are made to worship.

"Worthy is the Lamb who was slain
To receive power and riches and wisdom,
And strength and honour and glory and blessing!" Revelation 5:12

In heaven we will worship Him so let's get used to it here.

William Temple has this to say about worship.

Worship is -
to quicken the conscience with the holiness of God,
to feed the mind with the truth of God,
to purge the imagination by the beauty of God,
to open the heart to the beauty of God,
to devote the will to the purpose of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment